Wednesday, January 5, 2011

put a lil yoga in your day

So one of my "Top Ten" goals for this new year was adding more yoga into my exercise regimen but also to any part of the day. I can say that so far , so good! I have been practicing yoga almost everyday even if I can't get to a full workout. I can't believe how awesome it makes me feel! I used to do yoga a lot and why I stopped, who knows! But who cares?! I'm back on the bandwagon again! :)

Like I said in my previous post I am a fan of Tara Stiles. She is a well -know yoga instructor that has a studio in New York but also has a couple of DVD's, a book, and has made countless appearances on TV and in magazines. She is a very down to earth instructor so you don't feel intimidated at all when you do her workouts. You can check her out on her website, www.tarastiles.com, or on her youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/TaraStilesYoga. She has lots of mini videos that help you start your day off, get stretched out for the day, help with flexibility or balance and much more. Here are a few of my favorites for a quick yoga session before getting ready for my day or unwinding at night:

*Morning Yoga for Flexibility:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TaraStilesYoga#p/a/729B682FC375AB76/0/dRsC1YdXqOc

*Yoga for Flexibility:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TaraStilesYoga#p/a/F51468E0577E15B6/0/XqBdujwSTGw

*Yoga for Balance:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TaraStilesYoga#p/a/F51468E0577E15B6/0/XqBdujwSTGw


Here are her DVD's:




I just bought this DVD and I'm really excited to try it. She goes to a whole bunch of spots in NY to workout. I think it will be really cool. I ordered this one for about $25 off of her website. But I totally forgot to check out the prices on Amazon for this or the newer one on top. I'm sure you could get it for cheaper on Amazon. 

I also want to get her book:
I will update you once I get this book and read it! :)

For those of you who are skeptical of yoga, not really sure what else it does for you besides bend you in weird ways, there are many benefits of yoga which are very appealing. I have made an extensive list for you which will change your mind if you doubt the power of yoga in any way or just inspire you to practice it more often:

- Improved flexibility
- Better posture
- All over body strength
- Lengthen muscles 
 -Mindful deep breathing
 -Weight loss
- Relaxation
-Less stress, more calm
 -Boost of oxygen levels 
- Happier and content mood
-Relieve symptoms of medical conditions including: asthma, back pain, insomnia, arthritis, multiple sclerosis., depression, headaches/migraines, infertility, allergies, digestive problems
- Massaging and stimulation of all your organs
- Complete detoxification! Remove toxins from the organs, including your skin!
- Increased lubrication of bones, joints, and tendons
- Decreased blood pressure and pulse rate
- Better circulation
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Stronger immune system
- Increased metabolism
- Delay again processes of the body
- Better sleep
- Self control
-Boost Vitamin C production and use (which is a powerful antioxidant)
- Glowing skin
- Mindfulness of self, better focus
- Mindful of better, healthier habits. 

I'm sure there's more but this is a great list that should inspire you to want to do yoga more often! 

Namaste. 

xoxo

-m


No comments:

Post a Comment