Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: The Year of New Beginnings

Happy New Year!

Crazy to think it is now 2011. Wow. Have to get used to saying and writing that out. This is a year of new beginnings for me because of what is in store for me:

- Last year of college for me which means I will be a COLLEGE GRADUATE in December. (Yes it will take me an extra semester to graduate). About dang time... bitter sweet though.
- Starting a new internship and hopefully finding one more to round out my experience.
- A new year with my blog!
- A fresh, new, healthy start to learn new things and to be the best person I can possibly be!

I have some goals for myself this year that I want to share with you. Maybe by sharing it and actually writing it down I will be held accountable to ACTUALLY follow through with my plans. The list I collaborated for myself might seem like a strange mix of important and trivial but hey a goal is a goal, right? Big or small.

1. Master Tracy Anderson's Third Sequence DVD of her Perfect Design Series. 


2. Try Tracy's 30 Day Method. Its a plan she wrote out of workout and eating schedule including a 7 day cleanse. 

3. Start practicing more yoga. I forgot how calming and a wonderful workout yoga is. I am a fan of Tara Stiles and just ordered this DVD. 

4. Eat more fruits and veggies! I will be keeping a food diary to make sure I am holding myself accountable with this. This food log includes inspirational quotes and words I pasted inside to remind me that being healthy is composed of healthy eating, working out, and have a calm happy mind. 

5. Drink more tea and not so much coffee. :)
(Teavana tea.)

6. Get an internship at a marketing firm... (cricket, cricket). Ha this will require more networking and applications rather then will power...or a good mix of both I suppose!

7. Go to Italy. Ahhhh yessss! Italy :) This requires saving...this will be hard for me and my love of shopping. But think positive right?
( San Gimignano, supposedly they have great gelato. Yummmm)

8. Start sewing and make T-shirts. Treadle Yard Goods (I follow their blog, to the right of this page,  if you're interesting in learning more about them) holds all sorts of sewing classes. I've always wanted to try my hand at making my own clothes. This is the year to do it!
http://www.treadleyardgoods.com/classes

9. Pay off my credit card. That's all I got to say about that. 

10. Go with the flow. I am a planner through and through. I have a to-do list every single day, am constantly making plans for school and what I will do after college and when certain things should happen by. I need to let go of my uptight view of always needing to know what's going to happen. I've somewhat started to embrace this and it definitely feels different. Good but different. This will probably will be the hardest for me but I am determined. As the French say:


There ya have it. Those are the top ten things I want to work on this year. I feel that it's a pretty do-able list. I am excited for the new year and the many things that are to come. Hopefully you are all able to compile a list or at least a few things that you would like you accomplish this year. This is the year to do it people! The year of new beginnings! I wish everybody many blessings in this new year!

xoxo

-m

1 comment: