Thursday, December 9, 2010

STYLE

So today I went to Barnes and Noble on a hunt for a book. The moment I walked in I felt a rush of inspiration as I walked down all the aisles of books and couldn't help but feel so "intellectual". I swear this  happens every time I walk into that store. I get this overwhelming desire to start reading and actually be active in the book club I am in, or at least used to be (I was in book club but didn't even read the books, just went to the meetings to catch up on "girl talk"; necessary of course!) There are so many fun books to look at as well as little gadgets an gizmos to add to the pleasure of reading. There were cute little bookmarks, and book lights, and lap desks, and calendars...you know, the usual bookstore inventory. But it amazed me how fun reading can really be when you have fun accessories for it! :) I also peeked by the kids section and saw the most adorable "girly" books; my favorite, Pinkalicous!
Ok so now to the point of WHY I even went there, and why I'm writing today. I went to find the newest book from Lauren Conrad, "Style".  She has written a few fiction books before this but this time she wrote a style guide with advice that she has learned while in the fashion business. This book "unlocks the mysteries of being effortlessly chic"! I am super excited to read this in its entirety but also to have as an on-hand go-to book for whenever I need some fashion inspiration. She goes over "strategizing your closet" to "makeup" and everything in between. AND as an added bonus i purchased this book at a fab price of only $19.99 (hard-cover). What a deal!!! :)

Here is the cover...


I'll keep you updated on the book. Until then...

xoxo

-M

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea, especially when you were talking about using the book as an inspiration when you're having a fashion slump, happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete