Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jessie Tomme Salon

I just got back from some long overdue hair pampering. Seriously, I wait way too long between cuts and colors! But today I went to Jessie Tomme Salon. This was my second time and I'm pretty much hooked.

Jessie Tomme is located in Mahtomedi/Willernie, just a few doors down from Stacia Wilson Skincare actually! Its an Aveda salon so right as you walk into the doors you get a whiff of that wonderful Aveda product smell. The salon is situated in a house or cottage type buliding, I am not sure if that's what it was before or was just made to look that way, but you are welcomed in to feel right at home.

The salon boasts calm colors of green, blue and brown with an eclectic mix of leather couches and wooden chairs, dressers, and mirrors. Greeted upon entry, you are welcomed to sit with the comfort of a warm cup of Aveda tea poured just for you.

Then comes the service... I asked for the same girl this time (shout out to Rhianon Anderson) because she did such a wonderful job with the color and cut. I got exactly what I wanted! I also was treated to a decadent hand massage, paraffin wax hand dip, and styling at the end. Better then exceptional from beginning to end!
(All pictures shown are from their Facebook page and can also be found on their website)

The grand total? $94, broken down to $65 for the color and $29 for the cut. So hey, it wasn't exactly inexpensive but its quite a steal compared to lots of of other salons! In my opinion, it was worth every penny because of the wonderful service, friendly staff, beautiful space, and cozy atmosphere. And for you guys reading this, you are definitely welcome too! They have plenty of male clients!

To follow up with the price...

Its not cheap to get your hair done, especially at a salon, but I do it anyway. So that got me thinking... Though I am an avid "bargain shopper" I still love to splurge when I can. But I realized that there are some things that are definitely worth the money!

Top 3 "Splurgers":

1. Pampering
    - This would include your hair services, skincare such as facials and products, and massages. Putting your money into the upkeep up of your hair, skin, and body makes it feel and look good not only now but for years to come.

2. Jeans
   - Shopping for jeans is the WORST for me! Short legs, big butt, little waist...just doesn't work out. But I find when put more money into my denim purchases, which means higher end brands, I find cuts, sizes, lengths, and materials that are much more flattering. But don't get me wrong, I have a few Target skinny's and I love them!

3. Food and Wine
   - Trying new restaurants and wines. Experimenting with organic/healthy/better ingredients. Putting the time and effort to eat well...there's just nothing like it.

Until next time... give Jessie Tomme a peek at http://www.jtsalon.net/  and then book your first appointment and then let me know what your top slurgers are!

xoxo

m

No comments:

Post a Comment