Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DIY : Facial Scrub

Who loves pampering themselves? I do! I do!

While I was reading my Whole Living Magazine, which by the way has so many fun and healthy beauty/health/wellness tips, I found a great do-it-yourself facial scrub that you can make with just the ingredients in your pantry! Sounds like a plan to me!

So I started off with the directions...
(horrible photog but had to show you the original recipe)

I gathered the correct ingredients from the pantry...

This scrub calls for 1 teaspoon of organic raw honey, 1 cup of raw or regular granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. 

Then assembled it into this adorable jar for cute presentation. I was opting for a mason jar at first ( I love the antique country feelings that mason jars convey) but couldn't find it so I used this instead. Still super cute!
 


Though I had to substitute regular sugar for raw and concentrated lemon juice for fresh lemons I still got phenomenal results! I rubbed the scrub onto my face for about a minute then left it on for about 30 minutes. Once I washed it off my face was amazingly smooth, pores appeared smaller, and red spots seemed lighter. WOW! And I still have plenty left for the remainder of this week and even beyond that!

So you may be sitting there wondering what are the benefits of these natural ingredients?

*Honey: Absorbs the impurities from the skin making it a perfect cleansing agent, especially those lucky ladies who are so privileged to have oily/combination skin, such as moi. Lovely, huh? Honey also has antioxidant properties and retains moisture to keep your skin supple and wrinkle free!

*Lemon Juice: As a natural detoxifier for your internal system, lemon juice can also help with skin. The citric acid exfoliates, dries out pimples, and helps to bleach and heal scars. 

*Olive Oil: This ancient beauty remedy packs a powerful punch of vitamins A & E and include polyphenols too. This works to help with cellular repair and aids in delaying aging.

*Sugar: This sweetie exfoliates your skin big time! With a good exfoliation comes radiant and glowing skin. But be careful to not use sugar scrubs too often. As I just learned, when used too much it can cause tiny fissures in your skin which is not good. So be sure to use gentle strokes when applying this scrub. Good alternatives when you want to switch it up? Oatmeal, yogurt, egg yolks... all work wonders! 

Besides getting phenomenal results, I didn't have to spend a single dollar! Talk about beauty on a budget... perfect for THINK IN PINK :) So try this out and let me know what you think! Any more DIY beauty tips for me? Send them my way!

xoxo,

m

p.s. I found another great blog/site to follow for those of us who love anything to do with fashion, beauty, and health & wellness- FabFitFun.com started by the gorgeous Giuliana Rancic. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment